Finishes for wood furniture
Choosing home furnishings is one of the more complicated issues in home decor, and is that the choice will not only depend on your tastes or the style that you want to give to stay but also characteristics specific of the same (humidity, passage of people, more dirt, etc.).
If you want to know some of the finishes most commonly used for furniture pays attention to the short list that you provide in this article.
- Pickling: this technique is used especially for styles more vintage, and is that although it may seem ironic renew furniture giving an aged appearance. In this way, the most recent painting of the piece seems to be disappearing from the surface leaving it visible to some pieces of wood base.
- Lacquered– is the most complicated but which also gets more elegant results. It consists of sanding and painting several times the surface of the furniture with a soft texture and completely smooth, which will provide a modern look and a piece of really easy to clean.
- Varnishing: this protective treatment is to give a layer of varnish furniture that, dry, leave on the same bright, insoluble and adherent film that will make clear that your furniture to not grasp both dust and last longer. You can use it on hardwood, dyed, painted or stained.
- Tintado: used a dye or dye wood and not a traditional painting, because the goal is not cover wood but change its tone leaving appreciate its natural base. This dye will be absorbed by the wood, but will not cover it abroad as a painting.
- Pintado: in this case the special wood painting not cala in the Cabinet but that completely covers the surface of the same while viewing their actual material. The result will depend on the type of paint and the number of layers you provide.